Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The last day of class

July 28th, 2014
Well, I woke up early enough to finish up my outline for the debate.  I went to breakfast and then to class.  It was nice listening to all of the different debates.  After lunch, Mark and I walked around Pankow, and I picked up some Crispy M&M's as a treat for myself.  We had our weekly meeting, and we all discovered that the bus is actually leaving on Wednesday at 5:30 am....yikes! Looks like I'm not going to go to sleep on Tuesday, lol.  Anywho, Professor Smith was kind enough to request a BBQ style dinner for tonight--however it was a 6pm.  Hmmm, it was 4pm, and you really cannot do anything in 2 hours.  Cat, Jess, and myself went to Alexanderplatz and grabbed a cup of coffee since I was hungry but I didn't want to eat anything before the dinner.
The dinner was really good--we had ribs, steak, and hamburgers.  After dinner, Sean, Spencer, Aaron, and myself went to the TV Tower to see the sunset.  We only had a 30 minute wait, and the sun was setting as soon as we got up there.  It was really cool to see all of Berlin from 300m about the ground.  I noticed that quite a few buildings had gardens/grass on their roofs.  I will attach some photos to show you what I saw.

I love Berlin so much! I am so glad I was able to take this trip.  I've met so many great people, saw so many things, and made lots of new memories.  I am sad that I am leaving this wonderful city, but I do miss my family, dog, and boyfriend....and also ice and air conditioning haha.  I was expecting it to be a bigger culture shock, but Berlin isn't that much different than Georgia.  I can notice quite a few differences, but I still love it. 

Berlin, until next time! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment