Friday, July 25, 2014

Less than one week left

July 23rd-
I went to the morning class to do some research on my debate topic, then I went to lunch.  After lunch, I decided to do my laundry since I had some free time, and I really needed to get it done.  There were some conflicts at the wash center.  Apparently, a young German woman didn't know what she was doing and messed up her system, thus causing her to lose the money she inputted.  I wasn't there for long and booked it once my clothes were semi-dry.  After everyone was done with their afternoon class, we went to the German Resistance Museum.  That was a very interesting place-- I learned how and why they wanted to assassinate Hitler.  Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and chilled around.

July 24th-
Since I don't have Thursday field trips, I decided to join the Prussia class.  We went to the Underground Berlin were we went through the WWII underground shelter and learned the history of it.  It was really warm down there and towards the end I wanted to go back up.  The tour guide knew a lot of information, but just didn't present it in a way I liked.  Next, the group went on a historical walking tour through downtown Berlin.  They had a 1910 tour guide book that explained where and what everything was back then.  I really enjoyed trying to think how the city used to be.  I went back to the hotel and relaxed until it was time to go to the monsterkabinett.  That was a very interesting museum.  I really didn't know what to expect, but I thought it was pretty neat.  We got back to the hotel, and it was pouring.  We were gonna go out that night but we ended up just chilling at the hotel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment